One Dozen Monkeys
From This Might Be A Wiki
|song name||One Dozen Monkeys|
|artist||They Might Be Giants|
|releases||Here Come The 123s|
|first played||February 23, 2008 (43 known performances)|
|sung by||Hannah Levine, John Flansburgh backs|
- Animated by Pascal Campion.
- Sung by John Flansburgh in concert, changing the lyrics to fit his own age:
I am a dude; forty-seven years old
That's one more than forty-six
And one less than forty-eight
- In the video when a baker's dozen of cupcakes is mentioned, 17 cupcakes are shown instead of 13.
- According to a 2008 interview with Zooglobble, the song was initially conceptualized to be somewhat longer. However, around that time, Disney informed them that there wouldn't be enough money to air the whole songs as interstitials on Playhouse Disney, and that anything made for the album from that point on would be shortened for airing. To avoid undesirable edits, the band simply coped with this by making the songs after that only a minute and a half long, with this song being affected.
Age, Animals, Bells, Doors, Food, Non-John Vocals, Numbers, Relatives, Spoken Word, Transportation, Trees And Other Plants
- On They Might Be Giants Friday Night Family Podcast
- Watch it on
- Watch it on – Recorded live on November 21, 2009 by ThisMightBeAndy - live Flansburgh version
- Watch it on
You must be logged in to rate this. You can either login (if you have a userid) or create an account with us today.
One Dozen Monkeys is currently ranked #656 out of 910. (32 wikians have given it an average rating of 7.63)
Other Links for “One Dozen Monkeys”