Mosh Momken Abadon
From This Might Be A Wiki
|song name||Mosh Momken Abadon|
|artist||They Might Be Giants|
|releases||They Might Be Giants Vs. McSweeney's (as "Mosh Momken Abadan"), TMBG Unlimited - May (as "Mosh Momken Abadan"), They Got Lost, TMBG Clock Radio|
- From tmbg.com, "Another JL instrumental, only this is actually a cover of an Egyptian pop song."
- They Might Be Giants mistakenly credited the song to composer Riad Al Sunbati, but the song was written by a different Egyptian composer, Baligh Hamdi. TMBG did credit the song's original lyricist, Ma'moun El Shinnawi, despite not using his lyrics for their instrumental.
- Egyptian singer Umm Kulthum popularized the song with her performance of it in the 1970s.
- The Arabic title, "مش ممكن أبدا", translates to "Impossible". The song has also been published by the alternate titles "انساك" ("Forget You") and "أنساك يا سلام" ("Forget You? Oh My!"). Read a translation of its original lyrics.
- In They Might Be Giants Vs. McSweeney's, this song accompanies "Barry Blitt's Vacation Postcards" by Barry Blitt.
You must be logged in to rate this. You can either login (if you have a userid) or create an account with us today.
Mosh Momken Abadon is currently ranked #756 out of 910. (25 wikians have given it an average rating of 7.24)