The first time I ever herad TMBG was on Tiny Toons but I was much to young to appreciate them. Later in high school I was completely tired of factory produced songs on the radio. After seeing TMBG on Pen and Teller's Sin City Spectacular playing Doctor Worm and They Got Lost I felt refreshed and went and bought their Severe Tire Damage album immediately. I loved that album and wanted to hear studio recordings of all the songs so I ended up buying all the other albums and have loved Giants' music ever since.
Favorite Flansburgh Song
- Idlewild--this is such a pretty song with great vocal production.
Favorite Linnell Song
- Museum Of Idiots--the brass that follows the lyric lines is so extraordinarily striking it brings a quite emotional appeal with equally great lyrics.
All-Time Favorite Song
- Doctor Worm--classic tmbg tune with their great living band. i don't think there are any electronic noises at all. stunningly well produced.
Favorite TMBG Album
- Mink Car--good music all throughout and who doesn't love a Mike Doughty cameo?
Other Bands I Like And Do Own CDs By
- Soul Coughing, and solo Mike Doughty
- Harvey Danger
- The Latin Playboys
- Oingo Boingo
- mc chris
- Elvis Costello
- Cibo Matto
- The Pixies, and solo Frank Black
- Jesse Dangerously
- Beastie Boys
- Barenaked Ladies
- Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem
- LCD Soundsystem
- Marcy Playground
- Joe Meek
- The B-52's
- MF Doom
- Ben Folds Five, and solo Ben Folds
- Beach Boys (as long as they're non-beach songs)
- The Go! Team
- Raymond Scott
- Corn Mo
- The Decemberists
- Chuck Berry
- Van Dyke Parks
- MC Frontalot
- The Apples in Stereo
- The Breeders
Favorite TV Show
- Space Ghost Coast to Coast--I didn't even know who John Flansburgh was when he made his infamous no word appearance.
- Brazil or Dogma--which ever one I've seen most recently.
Favorite Thing to Do
- Play videogames with the music off so I can play random TMBG songs in the background.
oh yeh...Favorite Videogame
- um...Tetris I think...yes, yes it's Tetris...unless there's some cool game about the Giants that I don't know about.
oh...and sometimes i'm 220.127.116.11, when i forget to log in.