Talk:Why Does The Sun Shine?
Hey guys! I was watching Kablam! on the Nicktoons channel today when to my surprise during the teaser they were talking about a video by They Might Be Giants! It was a live-action video for Sun and does not feature either of the Johns. It's basically this teacher/scientist guy talking to a bunch of students about the sun while they look at an animated sun dancing around... Anyone got more information on this? :) Joygerhardt 05:03, 13 Jul 2005 (EDT)
Here's the information I have: It's crap.
True, true... Joygerhardt 14:03, 14 Jul 2005 (EDT)
I'm trying to do the lryics but they're not showing up. Help!
I remember seeing the video on Kablam when i was younger and it was a while before I ever started listening to TMBG. I remember the video being set to the slow paced version and not the fast one as the article on the song says. Can someone find a video of it and post it, please?
The Girl I Left Behind Me
So, i saw the anonymous edits about this song borrowing melody from "The girl i left behind me". I listened to the midi file, and while there are similarities, is there anything more to back that up? Has either of the Johns ever mentioned this, or is that an assumption being made by the editor? --Duke33 00:22, 4 April 2007 (UTC)
- The Johns may not know - they themselves borrowed the song, melody and lyrics both, from "Space Songs". But the melody is clearly identical to the very old "Girl I Left Behind Me" - here are some examples that may be more obvious than the MIDI you listened to:
- --184.108.40.206 00:59, 15 October 2011 (EDT)
i own the WFMU show and there is a version on Why Does The Sun Shine. Right after Where Your Eyes Don't Go (Demo). Should we not have version for this song?
- Correct, we should not because it is a live performance. -CapitalQ ♫ talk ♪ 17:26, 20 September 2008 (UTC)
- Mario Speaks is a prerecorded skit, not a live performance of a song that already has a page. There are multiple live performances on the Frank O'Toole bootleg but the only one that fits our criteria for having a page is the one that's been released on CD, "When It Rains It Snows (Live)". -CapitalQ ♫ talk ♪ 09:50, 21 October 2021 (EDT)
Should we really have the Nick video on this page, considering it's not for this version? I mean, yes, I am aware that it's still the same song, but IMHO they're sooooooo distinct from each other that it's not really appropriate here. --Self Called Nowhere 07:07, 17 May 2010 (UTC)
- Yeah. Well, I heard the real song on TMBG Clock Radio and that video is probably making people think the song is better than it is. When I listened to the real song, I rated it 6. -- Buzzmusic100 ("Keep your voice down...")
Am I the only one who thinks Why Does The Sun Shine? (Frank O'Toole) deserves it's own page? Seeing as how it's closer to the original version. Or is there already a version like this on the wiki? -- DidgeGuy (आ ज) 13:23, 16 August 2010