Larger Than Life
From This Might Be A Wiki
|song name||Larger Than Life|
|artist||They Might Be Giants|
|releases||I Palindrome I (EP), The Guitar (The Lion Sleeps Tonight) (EP) (12" release), TMBG Clock Radio (as She's Actual Size), Podcast 10A|
|sung by||John Flansburgh, Miss Linda And Sensi|
- This is the Joshua Fried remix of "She's Actual Size".
- The reggae singing is done by Miss Linda and Sensi. They sing in Jamaican Patois, an English dialect with West African influences.
- The strange, off-beat thumps in the intro are sampled from the 1991 Wes Craven film The People Under the Stairs.
- Joshua Fried on this remix and "The World's Address (Joshua Fried Remix)":
Actually both remixes started from the idea of the tempo and what sort of twisted spin I could make on a given BPM. "Larger Than Life" was a continuation of my pots-and-pans percussion on electro-roots reggae that started with "Jimmy Because." The production values were much higher on "Larger Than Life", although in retrospect and judging from the response of fans it seems like "The World's Address" was somehow more engaging. Or maybe it’s that "The World's Address", being on Bar None/Restless/whatever got more traction than just another single on Elektra.
- John Flansburgh, introducing the song in 1992: "Joshua Fried, a friend of ours, [...] did this remake. It's like a remix, only he sort of started from scratch. We rerecorded all of our parts to it, rerecorded the horn parts."
You must be logged in to rate this. You can either login (if you have a userid) or create an account with us today.
Larger Than Life is currently ranked #861 out of 910. (23 wikians have given it an average rating of 6.39)