It's a re-make of 25 o clock by XTC. DUH!!! Dr Worm 181- visit me on IM if you wanna talk TMBG
- As for an actual interpretation...
- It's about a girl that I guy can never get to date him, but he knows at 25 O'Clock that she will fall for him. Obviously, 25 O'Clock is a fictional time (24 hours in a day, duh), but he seems delusioned by his desire for her. The next part is iffy. I think he smashes clocks and watches because the only way they would reach 25 O'Clock is if they didn't work in the normal way (going for 24 hours). .:Ecks:.
- Your right, please forgive me for my rudness.-drworm 818
Remember that the natural clock inside of us is 25 hours and gets reset after every 24 hours. -Leonard Carrier
- Er, what? Midnight is 00:00, and 11:59 PM is 23:59. So no, that's not right. .:Ecks:.
Please, it's an XTC song that is a pastiche of other psychadelic songs. The lyrics have no real meaning other than to be time related puns. Don't look for meaning in it as you would a TMBG song. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk • contribs) 01:10, 17 August 2006
- Haha, why not? You can't say all TMBG songs have great meaning to them and that XTC's don't. It's just not fair... --Vixus 10:23, 18 March 2007 (UTC)
There's technically 25 hours in a day on the day that Daylight Savings ends. -Arrogant Oriole
It's about me ;-) I went crazy and broke my watch, apparently. My watch was in military time and I stopped playing evil discordant apocalyptic piano at 23:00. Or maybe it was my friend Douglas. He wrote a poem about smashing watches. HTH, --User:HearingAid
The real story
It's a 1984 song from XTC's side project The Dukes of Stratosphear. The then three member group plus a sound engineer wanted to recreate the psychedelic 60s complete with vintage mics, speakers, instruments, mixing board with a delirious pastiche of 60s clichés. It's all tongue-in-cheek.
Not surprising TMBG chose that song for a XTC tribute album. The lyrics either from Partridge or Moulding recall typical 60s nonsense of dominating-boy never meeting girl because at 25 0'clock only she will be his. A theme TMBG would surely appreciate.