Darling, The Dose
From This Might Be A Wiki
|song name||Darling, the Dose|
|artist||They Might Be Giants|
|sung by||John Flansburgh|
- John Flansburgh described the song in a 2021 interview:
Darling, The Dose was one of the latecomers, it arrived in December as we were getting together to finish the record. It actually sort of bumped out other songs that we were working on. [...] The song is based around the expression 'it's not the poison, it's the dose'. So, it's really kind of about just being trapped with someone. [...] It's just a claustrophobic song.
- King Hamlet, Prince Hamlet's father, was assassinated when his brother poured "juice of cursed hebenon" in his ear.
- Viktor Yushchenko was the subject of a 2004 assassination attempt by TCDD poisoning.
- Rasputin was also the subject of an assassination attempt by cyanide poisoning though he was ultimately killed by gunshot.
- Socrates was condemned to death by ancient Athens and ended his life by drinking poison hemlock.
- Hercules killed the centaur Nessus with arrows dipped in the poisonous blood of the Lernean Hydra. Nessus contrived to have Hercules killed in turn by exposure to the same poison.
You must be logged in to rate this. You can either login (if you have a userid) or create an account with us today.