They Got Lost (Song)
From This Might Be A Wiki
|song name||They Got Lost|
|artist||They Might Be Giants|
|releases||Long Tall Weekend, They Got Lost, TMBG Clock Radio|
|first played||March 14, 1996 (111 known performances)|
|sung by||John Linnell|
- From tmbg.com: "Our title track is vibey tour-de-force of TMBG Mk II. Eric Schermerhorn and I worked out some nice interwoven guitar parts, and the lyric of the song is the universal touring band mantra."
- This is the longest track included on any of TMBG's studio albums to date.
- "Julie at the Station" is Leftover Lunch hostess Julie Kramer at WFNX in Boston, whose show They got lost going to.
- Linnell: "It's a composite of pretty much every single time we went in a car anywhere. John Flansburgh and I have this particularly weird habit of getting turned around wherever we go."
- During live performances, the names in the third verse are replaced with the names of the current band members.
Available for Purchase
You must be logged in to rate this. You can either login (if you have a userid) or create an account with us today.
They Got Lost (Song) is currently ranked #439 out of 791. (45 wikians have given it an average rating of 8.09)