Title Not In Lyrics
From This Might Be A Wiki
Non-instrumental songs that do not have their full title sung in the song's lyrics.
Title not in lyrics[edit | edit source]
- Absolutely Bill's Mood
- Apple Juice Blues
- The Ballad Of Davy Crockett (In Outer Space)
- Baroque Hoedown
- Best Regrets
- Burning Coffee
- Butcher's Tale
- D & W
- Different Town
- I'm All You Can Think About
- The Famous Polka
- Garden Of Eden
- Hello Radio
- How Many Planets? - While neither the titular question nor its answer are said in the lyrics, the question asked in the title is answered by the song's track number on Here Comes Science, being track 8.
- Lines Upon A Tranquil Brow
- Memo To Human Resources
- Mrs. Bluebeard
- Other Father Song
- Read A Book
- Spoiler Alert
- Theme From Flood
- Why Does The Sun Shine?
- Why Does The Sun Really Shine?
- Wind Chime
Title sung partially[edit | edit source]
- The Ballad Of Timothy McSweeney - "Timothy McSweeney, Timothy McSweeney"
- Bills, Bills, Bills - "Can you pay my bills? Can you pay my telephone bills? Do you pay my automo' bills?"
- Concrete And Clay - "The concrete and the clay beneath my feet"
- Dimension Six Rock - "That's Dimension Six!"
- Distant Antenna - "The sun's rays can no longer hold back the interference from the distant antennas."
- Destination Moon - "By rocket to the moon"
- Door To Door Minotaur - "He resembled a Minotaur / Going door to door"
- Fake Out In Buenos Aires - "Fake out, fake in ... in Buenos Aires"
- Gloria Says "This Guy's A Nut" - Gloria says "Then he's a nut"
- Gudetama's Busy Days - “Gudetama’s seen busy days”
- Haunted Floating Eye - "I can't hang out with the haunted eye"
- The House At The Top Of The Tree - "There's a house at the top of a tree"
- Imaginary Friend - "In imaginary friends"
- I'm Sick (Of This American Life) - "I'm sick, sick of this American life"
- Kids Are Different Now - "Kids are different than five years ago"
- Kids Go! - "Hey kid ... it's time to go!"
- The Lady And The Tiger - "The entire Lady and the Tiger hall"
- Letter/Not A Letter - "That's a letter / That's not a letter"
- The Long Grift - "Was just a long, long grift"
- Love Is Eternity - "Love can be eternity"
- Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Theme
- Moles, Hounds, Bears, Bees And Hares
- (She Was A) Hotel Detective - "She's a hotel detective"
- Sapphire Bullets Of Pure Love - "Sapphire bullets, bullets of pure love"
- Shoehorn With Teeth - "Shoehorn, the kind with teeth"
- Sleepwalkers - "They're walking in their sleep"
- Somebody Took My Eyeball - "Somebody took my eye"
- Speed And Velocity - "I've got speed, I've got velocity"
- Tavern In Pinsk - "In a tavern up in Pinsk"
- Ten Mississippi - "And nine Mississippi, ten, and we're done!"
- They Got Lost - "They Might Be Giants got lost"
- Things I Like To Do - "Things are what I like to do"
- The Truth In Your Words - "There's truth in your words"
- TMBG Have This Thing - "They Might Be Giants has this thing called Dial-A-Song"
- Unsupervised, I Hit My Head - "I was unsupervised ... until I, I hit my head"
- Upside Down Frown - "My frown is upside down, it's upside down; my frown's upside down"
- Vote Or Don't - "Vote and don't..."
- Walking My Cat Named Dog - "Me and my cat named Dog"
- We Want A Rock - "Ones who want a rock"
- What Is A Shooting Star? - "A shooting star is not a star"
- Whole Lot Of Glean - "Whole lot of copies of Glean"
- The World Before Later On - "A world before later on"
Special cases[edit | edit source]
- Thankful For Your Service - The song was originally released on 27: The Most Perfect Album under the eponymous name "3rd Amendment". The song was later re-released for Dial-A-Song 2018 and was renamed to a lyric from the song.
- AKA Driver - The song's original title of "NyQuil Driver" is sung, but the title was changed at Elektra's request.
- The Guitar (The Lion Sleeps Tonight) - While never sung, the subtitle exists because Elektra insisted that it be there, presumably to give credit where due.
Honorable mention[edit | edit source]
- When The Lights Come On - The title is given as "When The Light Comes On" on the I Like Fun album packaging and many places online, but the band stated this was an error.
- Lincoln, The Else, and Glean are the only studio albums that do not have their name on the regular CD or LP front cover. However, the latter two were sold with shrinkwrap stickers that mention both the title and artist.
See also[edit | edit source]
- Problems With Liner Notes - Cases where TMBG don't sing whatever is in the liner notes.