From This Might Be A Wiki
|song name||Counterfeit Faker|
|artist||They Might Be Giants|
|releases||Long Tall Weekend|
|first played||March 14, 1996 (79 known performances)|
|sung by||John Flansburgh, John Linnell sings backup|
- John Flansburgh has said this song is about a relative of his.
- From the Summer 1999 Info Club newsletter: "A hopped up country number finds Linnell playing the banjo and fiddle (!) and some serious foot-stomping and cross-eyed harmonizing from Flansy. Different."
- This song was occasionally performed live, using the same puppet heads that are better known for their appearance in "live" performances of "Exquisite Dead Guy".
- Not to be confused with the Dial-A-Song track featured on Then: The Earlier Years, "Counterfeit Fake".
- Briefly featured in this episode of This American Life.
You must be logged in to rate this. You can either login (if you have a userid) or create an account with us today.
Counterfeit Faker is currently ranked #744 out of 910. (38 wikians have given it an average rating of 7.29)