This Might Be A Wiki:New Server (4-24-2008) Migration Issue Tracker Page

From This Might Be A Wiki

Use this to track issues with our move to a new Fellowsites server on 4/25/2008.

What Has Changed[edit]

Date: 4/24/2008
Prior Upgrade: MediaWiki 1.12.0 Migration Issue Tracker Page
Next Upgrade: New Server (3-20-2009) Migration Issue Tracker Page
Summary of Changes:

Item Old Version New Version Notes
Server Fellowsites Fellowsites Stayed on Fellowsites. Migrated to a new server.
Apache 1.3.37 2.0.63
PHP 5.1.4 5.2.5
MySQL 4.1.21 5.0.45

Open Issues[edit]

Fixed Issues[edit]


  • irc.cgi isn't working at the moment. I got:
[13:23] *** Welcome to CGI:IRC 0.5.9 (2006/06/06)
[13:23] *** Looking up
[13:23] *** Connecting to [] port 6667
[13:24] *** An error occurred: Connecting to IRC: Connection timed out (60 seconds)

~ magbatz 17:27, 25 April 2008 (UTC)

  • I will investigate later. I know that this was an issue when we moved to Flux before. Maybe it's related... --Duke33 17:44, 25 April 2008 (UTC)
  • Don't mean to be a pain, but school is suffocating me with the hours of nothing to do, and I might pass out if this doesn't come back. Without the helping hands of Lucretius and Badqueso to entertain me, I am lost. ~ magbatz 16:47, 9 May 2008 (UTC)
there are always other webclients, such as the official DalNet client. Other, multi-server clients exist. they're not as convenient, but should work temporarily for getting your luke and queso fix.
  • I implemented a new web client called Mibbit. Let's try it out and see how it works in comparison to CGI IRC. --Duke33 18:40, 10 May 2008 (UTC)


  • ThisMightBeABot isn't working yet. I will continue to monitor, as I think it could just be a DNS issue. If it doesn't clear up in the next 24-48 hours, I will investigate more. --Duke33 17:44, 25 April 2008 (UTC)
    • Still investigating. The bot is getting logged in, but the editToken is coming back blank. This leads me to believe that it's a problem with the cookies that I'm sending. Perhaps there was a change in the way headers are handled in Apache 2.0.--Duke33 16:07, 27 April 2008 (UTC)
      • Well, this was a major pain. For some reason, the function that I was using worked on the old box, but on the new box, it wouldn't send the headers (which contained the cookies). After a long process, I settled on rewriting the post to use CURL, and it is working now. --Duke33 14:44, 6 May 2008 (UTC)