This Might Be A Wiki:MediaWiki 1.12.0 Migration Issue Tracker Page

From This Might Be A Wiki

Use this to track issues with our upgrade from MediaWiki 1.10.0 to MediaWiki 1.12.0 on 4/4/2008.

What Has Changed[edit]

Date: 4/4/2008
Prior Upgrade: Flux Hosting Move
Next Upgrade: New Server (4-24-2008) Migration Issue Tracker Page
Summary of Changes:

Item Old Version New Version Notes
MediaWiki 1.10.0 1.12.0

Open Issues[edit]

1.12.0 style tweaks[edit]

  • Some minor stuff around MediaWiki has changed:
    • "File history" section on image pages being converted into a (currently unstyled) table. We could probably make that look a little better. -CapitalQ 21:17, 8 April 2008 (UTC)
    • Azure-only: changes in diffs are underlined (because of new use of the 'ins' tag) [1] -CapitalQ 01:19, 9 April 2008 (UTC)
    • Style and formatting for diffs has semi-vanished.
    • Azure-only: Vertical scrollbars are present on diffs, when the content does not need to scroll. It appears that the cutoff is at 4 lines: If the diff has only 3 lines affected, the vertical scrollbar doesn't show. This only occurs in Firefox...MSIE is ok. Here's an example.

Fixed Issues[edit]

Copy Tagline Hook[edit]

  • Had to comment out the hook that copies taglines. It was choking on edits. --Duke33 19:13, 8 April 2008 (UTC)
    • Needed to pass in "$revision" as a new parameter to the hook. Also, it was not returning "true" at the end of the script. I updated it, and it should be ok now. --Duke33 19:36, 8 April 2008 (UTC)

Mass Patrol Tool[edit]

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/tmbwnet/public_html/wiki/extensions/admin/MassPatrol.php on line 34
--Duke33 19:28, 8 April 2008 (UTC)

  • Changed it from mysql_num_rows to use $db->numRows($res), and it's working fine now.


  • The news archival tool is not working. It's not saving the edits. (Probably an issue with TMBAB) (Update:confirmed via other pages, that it is a bot issue). --Duke33 19:28, 8 April 2008 (UTC)
    • They added another character to the wpEditToken. I updated it, and then I had to urlencode it. Hopefully it shouldn't be an issue after I rewrite the bot to use the API.

Templated signatures are no longer transcluded[edit]

  • Like so: -CapitalQ / @ / 01:19, 9 April 2008 (UTC)
    • Fixed by modifying /includes/Parser.php. -CapitalQtalk ♪ 01:30, 9 April 2008 (UTC)
  • AGH This problem is back! Though I suppose it doesn't affect too many users. I can't fix it now since I'm not home, but I assume the Parser.php file was replaced recently or something? Perhaps the CleanSig value was removed from LocalSettings? -CapitalQ

Song Page Performance-Count[edit]

  • Seems that songs containing apostrophes aren't displaying the "First Played/Times Performed" line. I checked out The World's Address, I've Got A Match, and I Can't Hide From My Mind (which have all been played-- and coincidentally all mention a precise date each song was performed in the trivia), and none show them. Songs with parentheses (Istanbul), hyphens (SEXXY), and periods (Polk) look like they are fine. ~ magbatz 01:37, 16 April 2008 (UTC)
    • FIXED (PAGENAMEE instead of PAGENAME or something... no idea why the upgrade messed this up) -CapitalQtalk ♪ 02:04, 16 April 2008 (UTC)

Move Songs Hook[edit]

  • The hook that automatically moves lyrics, downloads, etc seems to have broken with this upgrade. --Duke33 01:10, 13 April 2008 (UTC)
    • I'm going to ask the MW devs to look into this. Not sure if it's a bug or what. I put a simple debugging statement into the code, and it's not firing with either TitleMoveComplete nor SpecialMovepageAfterMove. Not sure what happened. --Duke33 01:53, 13 April 2008 (UTC)
      • I got it to fire, but I'm not sure what happened...I cleaned up the code a bit, and don't see any reason it shouldn't work now. Let's see what happens next time we move a song. --Duke33 01:10, 3 June 2008 (UTC)