from TMBG's Facebook: "People of Chicago--it's on! The Onion AV Club Choir and TMBG will reunite for ONE PERFORMANCE ONLY to sing Tubthumping live at the Riviera in Chicago on 9/23! Warm up those pipes! " that sounds cool. --Nosaj56 00:47, 6 July 2011 (EDT)
John, please stop eating the mic, it can't be healthy
Take a look at this: Tubthumping is the fifth worst song of the 90's on Rolling Stone.
- ...you understand that TMBG didn't write this song, right? --Self Called Nowhere 01:19, 7 September 2011 (EDT)
- Yeah, but they still selected it and said how much it was like Their lyrics. STILL...
- Because the Rolling Stone is just the pinnacle of musical appreciation... And didn't John comment on the structure of the song with reference to their own work, rather than the lyrics? --༺𝄞𝄆Ⓠⓤⓔⓛ⎈Ⓓⓞⓜⓜⓐⓖⓔ𝄇༻ 19:34, 8 September 2011 (EDT)
- You have to understand, for a while there in the Nineties it was difficult to escape this song. People probably found it intensely irritating just from overrepetition, until the very similar-sounding "All Star" by Smash Mouth eclipsed it.
- Wow, I always really liked this song. Except for the chorus.
Dunno if this is important enough for Current Events, but it's pretty cool: "We have tallied your votes, and the audience favorite of Undercover series two shouldn’t surprise regular A.V. Club readers: They Might Be Giants, whose fan-assisted take on Chumbawumba’s “Tubthumping” was Undercover’s runaway hit. It was the landslide victor here." Here. --Self Called Nowhere 22:42, 29 September 2011 (EDT)