So, when did this lovely person get married to the Flans? Anybody know? Desck
- The first time I can see any connection between Goldwasser and Flansy is on his Hello CD label thing. He became friends or something with and produced a record by Flat Old World, and Goldwasser was a member of that band. This EP, I think, was released in 1993, or sometime around then. ~ magbatz 02:04, 11 October 2006 (UTC)
I can't tell for sure, yet, but I think Robin appears on the audiobook of The Areas of My Expertise. --Theynow 16:49, 10 October 2006 (UTC)
- At what point in it? I'll take a listen. ~ magbatz
- She does, and so does Mr. Flansburgh. She says stuff in at least one of the attack ads, the one against Jonathan Coulton and his horrid cat-sitting abilities. And Flans says "Paid for by the friends of John Hodgman," after each one. --Valerie 01:06, 17 February 2008 (UTC)
- Yeah, that's her. And yeah, that's JF too. Fact is, John Hodgman is working hard for cats. All cats. Not just the ones he owns. ~ magbatz 02:26, 17 February 2008 (UTC)
So, uh, her name is Robin Goldwasser, and I'm not even that sure if they reference her all that much as "Goldie". Any objections to me moving this page? ~ magbatz 23:03, 6 February 2007 (UTC)
- I agree...i think it should be moved. Go ahead! --Duke33 23:21, 6 February 2007 (UTC)
Flat Old World
Flat Old World's Musicale album has a track called Clive Davis. Each copy of the cd was pressed with a different version of the track on which a random member of the band sings. My copy of the disc does not have Robin singing. Does anyone else have this cd? Anyone with Robin singing? --Krueger 16:03, 21 January 2008 (UTC)
Is it possible that Goldie has a brother named Ben? Ben Goldwasser is one of the members of Brooklyn's electro-rock band, MGMT. Am I going crazy or could these two be related somehow?
- That is so funny...I was just listening to MGMT the other day, and had the same thought, after i read their wikipedia page. Although, I don't think Goldwasser is the most uncommon name in the world...
- Hah. I was going to do the same. Just had to say that. ~ magbatz 21:17, 31 August 2008 (UTC)