Talk:Boss Of Me (Single)
What kind of disc is this EP? Vinyl or electric CD?
Electric CD? What makes a CD more electric than a vinyl? ...Well, anyway, it's a CD release. -CapitalQ 20:57, 10 Jan 2006 (EST)
Where can I buy this CD?
I might've seen it at a Borders store once. Maybe that was the show's soundtrack. I dunno. Try Amazon. -Ecks
Nope, didn't find it.
Boss of Me CD Single (Just Boss Of Me)
Boss of Me European CD Single (Boss Of Me, Mr. Xcitement, Birdhouse In Your Soul - Live)
Malcolm in the Middle CD Soundtrack (Boss Of Me, Older and 15 tracks not by TMBG) -CapitalQ 21:23, 11 Jan 2006 (EST)
Problems With Versions of the Song
I recently purchased this CD, and after listening to it, I realized that the links for the different versions of the song on this EP are mostly wrong. Here's what each song on the CD is:
- Boss Of Me (Edit) - This is not the 35-second version from the What We Did This Summer EP. It's the version found on Dial-A-Song: 20 Years Of They Might Be Giants (and, though I don't have them, I assume that it's also the version found on Music From Malcolm In The Middle (Leaked Soundtrack) and A User's Guide to They Might Be Giants: Melody, Fidelity, Quantity). It's length is listed as 2:57 on the CD case (but my iTunes lists it as 3:00 when I put the CD in my computer).
- Boss Of Me - This is a slightly longer version of the song that is, as far as I know, only available on this EP. It has an added intro (about 9 seconds) that doesn't appear in the edit version. In the intro, "life is unfair" is repeated seven times. Each repeat of the phrase overlaps with the previous repeat, and each seems to be distorted slightly differently. The "normal" beginning of the song ("yes, no, maybe . . .") kicks in partway through the final "life is unfair," and the rest of the song seems to be the same as the edit version (though I'm not an expert). This track's length is listed as 3:06 on the CD case (though iTunes lists it as 3:10).
- Boss Of Me (Instrumental) - This is an instrumental version of ths song that's only 2:56 in length, but it includes the longer intro from track 2. As far as I know, this track is also only available on this EP.
So I could try to make all of these corrections/changes myself, but I wanted to put all of this information here first so that some of the people here who actually know what they're doing could think about it too. Let me know what everybody thinks! ~Drew
Corrections Made to Correct Problems
In order to fix the existing problems with the four different versions of this song, I did the following things:
- I added a page for Boss Of Me (What We Did This Summer Version) and corrected the link to it from What We Did This Summer.
- I corrected the information for Boss Of Me (Edit), added the correct albums to the page, fixed all of the links from those albums, and added all of the trivia, links, and images from the non-edit Boss Of Me page, since the edit IS the "normal"/most common version of the song.
- I corrected the information for the non-edit Boss Of Me page and removed the incorrect albums from the list.
- I added more information to the Boss Of Me (Instrumental) page.
- I added/fixed lyrics and added/fixed links to Chronology:Boss Of Me for each of the four versions as needed.
- I added to and fixed all of the information on the Chronology:Boss Of Me page.
However, I have not fix/change the following things yet:
- I did not remove any images, trivia, or links to videos from the non-edit Boss Of Me page, though they're somewhat redundant considering the fact that they're now also on the correct page--the more common Boss Of Me (Edit) page. What does everyone think--should any/all of these images, trivia, or links be removed from the non-edit page?
- I did not move or copy the information from Download:Boss Of Me, Interpretations:Boss Of Me, Guitar Tab:Boss Of Me, or Bass Tab:Boss Of Me to the (more correct) corresponding Boss Of Me (Edit) pages. Should all of these pages just be left alone, copied so they exist in both places, or just deleted from the Boss Of Me pages and added to the Boss Of Me (Edit) pages? (Especially important is creating Download:Boss Of Me (Edit), at least.)
- I also didn't move or change any of the discussion pages. Is that really necessary?
So, I hope all of that was helpful. Let me know what you think I should do about the above things I haven't done yet--or you can fix them yourselves! I'll be watching these pages to make sure nobody inadvertantly makes any incorrect changes. Good night, everyone! :) ~Drew