Oooohmagosh, I love Jamie Kitman and his writing style. I want to marry his prose - it's so delicious without being wimpy or effete? Manly, smart prose. Makes me want to french kiss his brain. [~Christina Miller, November 2006]
Damn!!! The "Our Roadies, Ourselves" link is broken and the article is no where to be found on the net. That article about the Johns is one of the best I've ever read.(CaptainCaustic, Oct. 20, 08)
- Not even here?
- Perhaps we should use this occasion to reprint the article on the wiki. ~ magbatz 14:19, 21 October 2008 (UTC)
- Oh, hey, look at that! I totally spaced on the using the wayback machine, but yeah, it would be nice to have it here. I agree with Christina (above), it is a fine bit of highly entertaining writing. However, I think I'll settle for a hand shake with his frontal lobe. Pardon my ignorance, but what are the rules regarding copyrighted materials in the Wiki.(CaptainCaustic, Oct. 21, 08)
- I think, unofficially and in general, it's fine to post out-of-print articles or blurbs from sources who we believe, if we were to take the time to trace the material's "owner" or creator and ask them, would be fine with it. This way, in the case that the copyright holder didn't want something here, we'd oblige and simply take it down. And of course, if there's any iffiness as to whether or not it's cool to put stuff here, communication works. ~ magbatz 05:22, 22 October 2008 (UTC)
Jamie Kitman's weird accordion shirt[edit | edit source]
I saw that shirt in the Gigantic film. I'd like to ask Jamie more about his shirt. That looks like a very strange accordion. Is that an image of a real accordion, or is it just an imaginary accordion? It's difficult to see, does the keyboard lay flat on the body? There are some strange accordions out there, but that's a new one. Bruce Accordion Noir Radio, Vancouver, Canada
- it's actually a TMBG shirt, with a design by The Chopping Block. it can be partially seen in greater detail here, as part of a CB print, which may or may not currently be available. -Apollo (colloquia!) 23:34, 1 September 2012 (EDT)
Hey What Gives[edit | edit source]
Look i had a comment here in 2008 and it got DELEATED....why would you do this to a fellow fan? it ADDED to the discussion not DETRACTED. so WHY would you DO that to A fellow FAN!
- Edit, it was 2009. i thought 2008 b/c i was living at my ex. gf's house when i wrote it but it looks now when i look it up like it was 2009 when she let me stay w/her for a week thanks to a tree falling down and taking half my kitchen, so my landlord had towork on it & i needed a place to stay. she made me sleap on the couch! lol --WhatTheHeckLinnell 15:22, 20 November 2012 (EST)