From This Might Be A Wiki
Songs that display paranoia in a character or thoughts of irrational fear and suspicion.
- Bastard Wants To Hit Me
- Cage & Aquarium - "Somebody's reading your mind / Damned if you know who it is"
- The Cap'm
- Cloisonné - The narrator exhorts a talking raindrop to "Keep your voice down"
- Complete Paranoia
- Finished With Lies
- Gazing Out Toward - "Quit looking at me" is played backwards, at increasingly frantic tempos
- Hall Of Heads
- HAEC QVOQVE EST RES
- Hide Away Folk Family - "Or else someone's gonna get ya / someone's gonna get ya"
- I Can't Hide From My Mind - "I can't hide from my mind / though I try, try, try"
- I Lost Thursday - "Now I suspect foul play"
- I Should Be Allowed To Think - "I was the worst hope of my generation / destroyed by madness, starving, hysterical"
- I'm All You Can Think About
- I've Been Seeing Things
- Less Than One - The entire song reeks of paranoia, but in particular the following verse stands out: "Less than one of the seven ideas I had / Might be something I don't later regret"
- Mountain Flowers
- Oregon - "Oregon is bad... Run away / Run away"
- Pittsburgh - "He's somewhere watching us through eyeholes in the walls / Mr. Small's Theatre / partly hoping, partly scared"
- Prevenge - "Read my mind, yes / I'm planning prevenge"
- The Shadow Government - "Looked in the sky / Saw with my eye / The moon was following me"
- The Sun Is On Fire
- To A Forest - "There are forces out to destroy us"
- What Is Everyone Staring At? - "Is there something wrong with us? What is everyone staring at?"
- Where Your Eyes Don't Go
- Which Describes How You're Feeling- "In his mind he can find how you're feeling all the time"