Music Jail, Pt. 1 & 2
From This Might Be A Wiki
|song name||Music Jail, Pt. 1 & 2|
|artist||They Might Be Giants|
|releases||Dial-A-Song (2015), Glean|
|first played||January 25, 2015 (108 known performances)|
|sung by||John Flansburgh|
- Premiered early on January 12, 2015 via The Gist podcast, though it was removed and replaced with "Madam, I Challenge You To A Duel" the following day. The proper premiere came on the January 26 episode, "Microsoft's Imperfect 10".
- In November of 2014, the band posted a 4-second video of Rob Moose playing violin for this song. Moose has also collaborated with artists such as Burt Bacharach, Jay-Z, and Sufjan Stevens.
- John Flansburgh mentioned in a tweet that "the violin was kinda inspired by hearing Hot Rats and Lazaretto in the same week."
- Linnell described the clarinet usage here as "really fun". He used his "Selmer rosewood contra alto with a gigantic bell" that he played "sitting down while it rests on its peg".Cloisonné". The melody played on the clarinet is similar to a sped-up version of the clarinet backing accompaniment in "
- The song also features the Tricerachops Horns.
- The music video for this song was directed by David Cowles, Jeremy Galante, and David Plunkert.
You must be logged in to rate this. You can either login (if you have a userid) or create an account with us today.
Music Jail, Pt. 1 & 2 is currently ranked #80 out of 910. (91 wikians have given it an average rating of 8.93)