From This Might Be A Wiki
Songs mentioning insanity. We have all kinds, from depression to OCD to paranoia. A veritable garden of madness.
- A Self Called Nowhere - Depression and hallucinations
- Absolutely Bill's Mood - Auditory hallucinations: "There's someone always calling my name", "I'm insane"
- Apophenia - "That is crazy / You're completely crazy", "Next thing you'll be saying that I've been / Hallucinating you all along"
- Bastard Wants To Hit Me - Paranoia
- Destination Moon - Delusions
- Happier, Crazier
- He's Loco
- Hopeless Bleak Despair - Depression
- Idaho - Hallucinations
- I'm Your Boyfriend Now - Erotomania
- I Am Not Your Broom - Hallucinations, megalomania
- It Said Something - "That's not the insane part / The insane insane part is first of all it can speak"; also, it's very possible the narrator is hallucinating or insane
- Lost My Mind - Dissociation
- I Left My Body - Dissociation
- Montana - Delusions
- Now Is Strange - Hallucinations
- Renew My Subscription - Hallucination: "Refill my prescription / To whatever that thing is / That makes the carpet stop turning into snakes"
- Someone Keeps Moving My Chair - Paranoia
- The Cap'm - Delusions, paranoia
- Thermostat - Manic depression
- Till My Head Falls Off - Obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Wearing a Raincoat - General madness: "Needing a mind for later on / Is a friend that comes at a price"
- Where Your Eyes Don't Go - Paranoia
- Your Own Worst Enemy - Depression
- Canajoharie - "It was right through those trees / I'm not insane"
- Climbing The Walls - Depression - "The deep end, the deep end / People talk a lot, but they don't know / They pretend, they pretend / They don't really know how deep it goes"
- Everything Right Is Wrong Again - "And now the song is over now, and now..." - mythomania, Parkinson's Disease
- The Fellowship Of Hell - "All your friends are kleptomaniacs"
- Flo Wheeler - "Your driving is driving everybody insane."
- I'm Not A Loser - You're not delirious with despair", "You're not hallucinating this sea anemone chorus line at all"
- Old Pine Box - "Your mom thinks you're out of your mind"
- Sold My Mind To The Kremlin - "Reagan closed the hospitals for the mentally ill / Train stations filled up with the mentally ill"
- Tesla - "Maybe that knowledge would drive one insane"
- Unpronounceable - "Looking at / A depression on the sofa / And over time it flattens out / But I am still depressed"
- When Will You Die - "You're insane / You are bad / You wreck everything you touch / And you're a sociopath"