Lyrics Talk:Bee Of The Bird Of The Moth
Neat to get a preview of a new song like this. Hey, how did you get these lyrics anyway, did you memorize them on the fly at the show? — aliste
- TDK told me he heard the song four times, once during each show (4/26 and 4/27), and once during each show's soundcheck. These were all the lyrics he could memorize/make out. -CapitalQ ♫ talk ♪ 11:13, 29 Apr 2006 (CDT)
What is STP?
Stone Temple Pilots? Oil and fuel additives? --Mbarlowm 22:44, 7 June 2007 (UTC)
- My guess was standard temperature and pressure, a science term to denote a gas or a situation where the temperature is 25 celsius and the pressure is 1 atm. But another user, badqueso I think, figured it was meant to mean STP the motor oil company. ~ magbatz 22:54, 7 June 2007 (UTC)
- I'd say it's likely that the line is about a sticker for Fuel & Oil Additives (i.e. the motor oil company), like this oldie here. Seems more plausible than a sticker indicating standard temperature and pressure by having "STP" on it. And Stone Temple Pilots is quite a stretch. :] -CapitalQ ♫ talk ♪ 23:01, 7 June 2007 (UTC)
- Thinking it stands for standard temperature and pressure is stretching it a bunch. And why would there be a sticker about it? STP is known for giving away stickers (see question 3). I think the reference would be obvious if you've heard of the company and its stickers. --badqueso 23:11, 7 June 2007 (UTC)
Why do we think it's "it that's messed up?"
- Listen closely, it is. The narrator is asking if it's either him/her/them or the Bee of the Bird of the Moth that's messed up. Akagi 22:21, 8 June 2007 (UTC)
- I can hear the "it" but not the vowel sound you'd get from "that's." That is ridiculously Linnellish to phrase it like that.
Catbug is a sensation these days! As that page says, "It is possible that Catbug is partially inspired by a 2007 They Might Be Giants Song, 'Bee Of The Bird Of The Moth', which includes the lyrics, 'Catbug is a cat, but he's got bugness in his veins', though this has yet to be either confirmed or denied and could simply be an amusing coincidence." Ackyri (talk) 12:11, 11 September 2015 (EDT)