Interpretations:Alphabet Of Nations
From This Might Be A Wiki
- Guitar Tab
- Bass Tab
well, someone's got to do an interpretation eventually, so here it goes. This is just some Nations that were put in Alphabetical order (one letter for each nation)but scince there's no W and X nations, they just made one up (West Xylophone) That's about all there is to it as far as I know. klimdeeni
On West Xylophone
- There is a website for the West Xylophone Tourism Board. Not much there now, but they will sell you a "WX" oval car sticker. A blog has been started about this nascent nation, complete with quotes from Terry Linnell, Lally Flans, and Jim Polk. The fine folks of West Xylophone kindly offer a link to order the ABCs DVD and CD, of course!
- These people are clearly some sort of con-artists or worst. There is no longer a West Xylophone, as Linnell has explained during at least one show, that was the colonial name, the country is now known as Marimba.
- The confusion over the name seems to be cleared up by the History of West Xylophone. Marimba was the post-colonial name of the island, but the old name was restored in the interest of ethnic unity.
- The West Xylophone site doesn't look like a bunch of con-artists (though they maybe be a few fans looking to make a little money; it doesn't seem as if the site is affiliated with TMBG, but I could be wrong). Since they sell t-shirts that say "My imaginary friend went to West Xylophone and brought me back this tee shirt" and "West Xylophone: Where your imaginary friend would go on vacation", I don't think they are trying to truly fool anyone into thinking the island is real. — zytka
- Yes, and I'm also groving on the "University of West Xylophone" (U v. W X) shirts.
Would West Xylophone happen to be anywhere near Fibber Island?