And Mom And Kid
|song name||And Mom And Kid|
|artist||They Might Be Giants|
|releases||Dial-A-Song (2015), Why?|
|sung by||John Flansburgh|
- This song was written for the HBO documentary A Family Is a Family Is a Family: A Rosie O'Donnell Celebration.
- John Flansburgh on creating the song for the documentary:
I got the call at 11 o’clock saying they need this thing, they need it really fast, they need to animate the open so the animators need the song yesterday; can you put together a demo they can make the animation to, and then go into the studio and do a finished version later? But the main thing was they needed something to cut to right now.
And I was like “Yeah, you know, I got a strong cup of coffee, I can hit that today.” So I did the demo and shipped it off at 5:15, and at 6 they said, “It’s fine, we like it just the way it is. We’re gonna use that.”
So something we worked on for literally less than 4 hours, and now it's on one of our albums, it's on TV. It did come out really cool, I like the way it sounds – it’s a very crazy kind of recording, and I’m glad we did it, but it was almost spontaneous.
- This was the first They Might Be Giants song of 2010.
- Features the toy piano.
- Watch it on - From the HBO doc "A Family Is a Family Is a Family"
- Watch it on - Dial-A-Song music video
You must be logged in to rate this. You can either login (if you have a userid) or create an account with us today.
And Mom And Kid is currently ranked #841 out of 910. (28 wikians have given it an average rating of 6.68)