Daddy Sang Bass
Song: Boat Of Car
Debate: Does the sample of Johnny Cash say "Daddy Sang Bass" or "Daddy'll Sing Bass"?
Read the debate on Talk:Boat Of Car.
(Someone feel free to add notes on this page --SR)
Here are some MP3 extracts which help to research the issue
- Boat Of Car - Samples. They all appear to be the same
- Daddy Sang Bass - Four Samples. Bought from iTunes 16 Biggest Hits: Johnny Cash. Each appears to be different
- Comparison 1 - BOC/DSB1 BOC/DSB1 BOC/DSB1 BOC/DSB1
- Comparison 2 - BOC/DSB2 BOC/DSB2 BOC/DSB2 BOC/DSB2
- Comparison 3 - BOC/DSB3 BOC/DSB3 BOC/DSB3 BOC/DSB3
- Comparison 4 - BOC/DSB4 BOC/DSB4 BOC/DSB4 BOC/DSB4
- BOC Sample Time-Stretched
- I believe the BOC sample comes from the fourth and final occurance of "Daddy/Daddy'll Sang/Sing Bass". Listen for the "whistle" at the end of the word bass. --SR
- Here is a visual comparison of the samples. --BlarJotunn
- However, "Daddy sang bass" is sung in other renditions, see Boat Of Car (TMBG Mini-Brass) at least. Which goes only to show neither John nor John were really worrying about which sample they took. ~ magbatz 20:52, 26 June 2009 (UTC)