From This Might Be A Wiki
So are we now okay with links to fan-made videos taken from shows that are for sale on the official download site? Such links have been edited out of articles before, but now one's been added to this page. Has the protocol changed? — aliste
- Seeing as how TDK is pretty much the creator of said protocol and the one who placed the video here, I suppose you'd have to ask him.
I believe he said in the LiveJournal today that the video was uploaded to YouTube by Corn Mo himself, which would certainly change things...though I'm not sure where he heard/learned that 'cornmo' on YouTube is really Corn Mo.-CapitalQ ♫ talk ♪ 21:52, 18 July 2006 (UTC)
- Oh, nevermind, I got that wrong. Anyway, while I'm fairly certain that Corn Mo himself didn't upload the video, he did post a link to it on his website (http://cornmo.com). I suppose the fact that it was approved by Corn Mo himself makes it okay to post here. -CapitalQ ♫ talk ♪ 21:55, 18 July 2006 (UTC)
- Well, there was all this discussion and controversy here, and then I specifically remember that for this show there was a link to some fan-made videos which were removed by TDK (see history) and prompted these charming comments. The second case particularly seems to be the exact equivalent of what is linked to on this Hocus Pocus page, so I thought it was especially weird that the very person who objected in the first case took it upon himself to promote the same kind of thing in the second. Also, I don't see how Corn Mo's approval equates to TMBG's approval. (I personally am all for fan videos, I was just puzzled by the inconsistency.) — aliste
- Point granted, but the essential objection in both discussions is the same: that people shouldn't give away videos whose audio is being sold by TMBG themselves, whether that be studio releases or downloadable shows. So I think it still applies. But whatever. — aliste 22:56, 18 July 2006 (UTC)
- Yeah, for all intents and purposes, Corn Mo is part of TMBG in the video, and has every right to let people see it. He really did post it himself to YouTube with his own account. -TDK 01:24, 19 July 2006 (UTC)