I've set up this page and song with the title Avalon because that is the song's only lyric, and also because that's what it was called on the Shows/2004-09-18 page. But if anyone out there feels strongly about this, it could possibly be renamed one of two ways:
- "Boston," in keeping with the way all other venue songs have been named--officially, at least.
- "Improv Avalon Tune," in keeping with the most "official" source of information about the song we have, available here at the theymightbegiants.com download store.
So, what does everybody think? ~Drew
- Following the examples of every venue song's name according to the CD track listing on theymightbegiants.com, it should probably be called "Boston," taking the name of the city it was played in (although I personally think "Avalon" just sounds better). Magbatz
- Has anyone actually bought the show? I'm guessing the part of the track that's missing from the sample is just an introduction to Dr. Worm, so removing it makes for a "clean" venue song. A confirmation would be nice.
- I vote (in vain, undoubtedly) for calling it "The Avalon Ballroom (Boston)" and renaming all the other Venue Song pages in a similar manner. The venue songs essentially each have two names, since even in 2007 TMBG still call the songs by their club names when they play them live, but the CD lists them by their city names. The show download pages also seem to name the venue songs either one on a mostly arbitrary basis. Club names make for easier identification of the song by its lyrics, however (I can never remember which song is from which city, except for the House Of Blues songs which mention the city in the lyrics to differentiate them). Furthermore, they're called "Venue Songs" and are about the venues, not "City Songs".
- At any rate, this is undoubtedly a futile argument, and therefore, barring my personal preference being made law, I say we should call the article "Improv Avalon Tune" since that's the most official name it's been given. --The Almighty Doer of Stuff 02:23, 29 December 2007 (UTC)