Zombies Or The Undead
From This Might Be A Wiki
Central theme[edit | edit source]
- The Darlings Of Lumberland
- Exquisite Dead Guy
- From Beyond The Grave
- I'll Be Haunting You
- Mrs. Bluebeard - "Alas, my murdered remains are incapable of learning anything" - sung entirely from the perspective of a murdered wife or of Bluebeard himself
- Tavern In Pinsk - "All the corpses have a drink" as they await "deliverance"
- The Edison Museum - "Ghosts float up the stair, like silent moving pictures"..."The tallest, widest and most famous haunted mansion in New Jersey"
- Turn Around - "...A man I had recently killed / Called me up from a phone near my building", "...The ghost of my dance instructor / Pushed me down into an open grave"
- You Probably Get That A Lot - A cephalophore is a saint who has been martyred via beheading, and is usually portrayed carrying his or her own head. For one to be sarcastically lip-syncing to John Linnell, it would have needed to be carnally reanimated.
Briefly mentioned[edit | edit source]
- Microphone - "A voice is speaking from beyond the grave"
- Nothing's Gonna Change My Clothes - "And the mirror, it reflects a tiny dancing skeleton"
- Put Your Hand Inside The Puppet Head - "Well it's a mighty zombie talking of some love and posterity"
- Turtle Songs Of North America - One fictitious turtle mentioned is the Zombie Turtle
- Wearing A Raincoat - "Being awake is swimming around in a lake / Of the undead / And the undead are like / A bunch of friends / That demand constant attention"
Honorable mention[edit | edit source]
- Phone Calls From The Dead
- In the video for The Mesopotamians, Gilgamesh is depicted as a skeleton.
- Butcher's Tale was written by the band The Zombies