Wake Up Call
From This Might Be A Wiki
|song name||Wake Up Call|
|artist||They Might Be Giants|
|releases||eMusic Freebies, TMBG Unlimited - April, Dial-A-Song, No!, TMBG Clock Radio|
|first played||April 13, 2000 (26 known performances)|
|sung by||John Flansburgh|
- This song originally appeared in 2000 as one of several free MP3s offered through eMusic that predated TMBG Unlimited.
- The song was originally the second track of a two-song "album" called "Robot Parade," identified as eMusic album 15073 in the "comments" section of the MP3's ID3 tag. The first track was Robot Parade (eMusic Version).
- Flans said in an interview that he basically created this entire track on his laptop. He recorded the vocals almost immediately after waking up, when his voice is the deepest.
- This song was played in the Malcolm In The Middle episode "Malcolm Visits College" when the drunken children at the Grotto get rowdy.
- This song has been played over the PA to introduce live concerts. It was first heard on April 13, 2000 at The Bowery Ballroom, New York, NY, two years before its studio release.
You must be logged in to rate this. You can either login (if you have a userid) or create an account with us today.
Wake Up Call is currently ranked #812 out of 906. (33 wikians have given it an average rating of 6.85)