Drawing, from the Apollo 18 promo, representing the song.
- The theme from this song is borrowed from the Tokens hit, "The Lion Sleeps Tonight". Even though these words never appear in the song, the record label insisted the subtitle appear in the song name (source: Direct From Brooklyn DVD commentary).
- The music video for the song features (extremely) brief cameos of Jon Spencer, Joshua Fried, and Robin Goldwasser.
- Despite what you see in the video, John Linnell does not play bass guitar on this song.
- Filming locations: 18 Havemeyer St, Brooklyn (John Linnell's former apartment); McCarren Park, Brooklyn (and surrounding streets in Northside); Warsaw at The Polish National Home, Brooklyn.
- During live performances, the bridge is replaced with a solo by either Marty Beller, Danny Weinkauf, or Dan Miller. Sometimes a future of sound prophecy is performed by John Linnell. John Flansburgh is also known to stick his guitar into the audience during parts of the song.
- Featured as background music in a 2013 television ad for the Buick Encore, "Dinosauria".
Animals, Music, Non-John Vocals, Numbers, Precious Metal, Questions, Science, Songs With Handclaps, Space, Telecommunication, Title Not In Lyrics, TMBG Remakes
- Watch it on
Available for Purchaseedit