The Communists Have The Music
From This Might Be A Wiki
|song name||The Communists Have the Music|
|artist||They Might Be Giants|
|releases||Dial-A-Song (2018), My Murdered Remains|
|sung by||John Linnell, John Flansburgh on post-chorus|
- Posted on TMBG's Free Downloads page on 9/11/18, with a note saying "This song is part of our upcoming album, entitled My Murdered Remains".
- The video features a still image replicating a 1915 work by Russian artist Kazimir Malevich entitled "Suprematist Painting: Eight Red Rectangles". The version used in the video is a recreation done by John Flansburgh with red construction paper, shown upside-down.
- According to a Girlie Action press release, a full animated video by David Plunkert is coming. The song will be released digitally on Sept. 21, and a 7" single, backed with "I've Been Seeing Things", is due in October.
- The House Un-American Activities Committee existed from 1939-1969 and was primarily used to investigate alleged disloyalty and subversive activities on the part of private citizens, public employees, and those organizations suspected of having communist ties.
- Read more about noted author Ayn Rand and philosopher Friedrich Engels, and read the lyrics to "The Internationale" in preparation for playing the backing track.
You must be logged in to rate this. You can either login (if you have a userid) or create an account with us today.
The Communists Have The Music is currently ranked #26 out of 883. (29 wikians have given it an average rating of 9.07)