Talk:Sensurround (Soundtrack Version)
I don't think this version was the one featured on Podcast 23A. This one is the version with the organ thingy in the bridge, but the one on Podcast 23A was the OTHER version.
I've heard both versions of "Sensurround" on the Clock Radio, and I noticed that the Alternate Version has a faster tempo than the version released on the SEXXY EP, unlike what the wiki entry says about that. - Overjoy
- Because it's mislabelled- "Alternate" on Clock Radio is really the S-E-X-X-Y version. -CapitalQ ♫ talk ♪ 00:44, 30 July 2006 (UTC)
- Technically, since both versions of the song are just called "Sensurround" on their respective albums (neither is labelled "alternate"), shouldn't we go with the precedent set on Clock Radio? Don't the Johns have the prerogative of calling whichever version they want to the "alternate version"? And shouldn't we follow their preference? (Unless there is some other precedent already set by the Johns that I don't know about.) ~Drew
- How about we avoid all that and just move each version to a specific page [ex. "SS (MMPR Version)" and "SS (S-E-X-X-Y Version)"], and make the normal page redirect to the chronology? (But if we do do that, I don't know if my names for them would be the best.) ~ magbatz
This is interesting, I just heard "Sensurround - Alternative Verision" on the TMBG Clock Radio, and it is not the version on the MMPR soundtrack (which I own solely for that song). Are you all sure that the MMPR version is the "Alternative Version"? - Sir_ZMan
--Ok, I just heard "Sensurround" on TMBG Clock Radio, and this is the same version that is on the MMPR CD... So either the TMBG Clock Radio (and then TMBG by association) are wrong and the MMPR version is in fact the alt. version, or we are wrong on here and hte MMPR version is the origional version. Thoughts? - Sir_ZMan
What's different about this version of SenSurround and the original? -Blitz
The difference is...
The MMPR version has a less spacey bridge to it. Other than that, and the fact that the mix is slighty different, both versions are the same.
On top of that, the SEXXY version is missing Linnell's organ and the guitars are at a different octive. There are also some additional background vocals.
So is the S-E-X-X-Y version slower? Or faster?
- It's the faster one. --Salt-Man Z 10:12, 9 May 2006 (CDT)
The MMPR version is missing all the guitar riffs in the chorus from the S-E-X-X-Y version. The organ in the MMPR version sort of implies them though. -Jordan
Where in the movie?
So it's been a looooooong time since I saw the Power Rangers movie. I don't exactly want to sit through it all again just to hear this song. Where was the song placed? Did it make sense in the context or was it just one of those "inspired by the film" songs? Was it over the credits? Help a fan out, people of the wiki!
- IIRC, the clip I saw was a car pulling into the driveway with it playing on the stereo for just a minute. No idea where that is in the context of the rest of the movie, though, sorry. --Self Called Nowhere 22:38, 20 February 2013 (EST)