Talk:Kingdom Of Loathing
The Cap'm[edit | edit source]
The Cap'm is really a reference to Cap'm Crunch
- Not really; the phrase is from the cereal ads but it's actually called CAP'N Crunch. It seems to be an homage to both.
- Anyway, I don't really know what this Kingdom of Loathing thing is. --Oddjob 13:10, 25 April 2008 (UTC)
- I agree with this opinion. --badqueso 21:50, 25 April 2008 (UTC)
- I think you mean "Cap'm Crunch" (if part of this game) is a reference to The Cap'm. Not the other way around. -CapitalQ / @ / 14:14, 25 April 2008 (UTC)
Baron von Ratsworth[edit | edit source]
"The blood of exploited workers" really isn't a TMBG reference, it's a Marxism reference. 184.108.40.206 21:30, 5 June 2008 (UTC)
Song theme?[edit | edit source]
Should these references be considered song themes? It's not like the songs are referencing KOL. ~ Wout 17:37, 21 December 2009 (UTC)
- We know.
The Guitar / I Palindrome I[edit | edit source]
Should the "Be still, my darling" reference even mentioned ? Unless the developers have mentioned that this is, indeed, a TMBG reference as opposed to a reference to the original composition, it shouldn't really be here.
Same goes for "Egad, a base tone..." - it's a well-known palindrome rather than something exclusively TMBG-made. 220.127.116.11 16:03, 6 August 2010 (UTC)
- It's a well documented fact that Jick is a big TMBG fan and makes lots of references to TMBG in his game. So, while it's possible that it's a coincidence, it's more than likely a TMBG reference, i would say. --Duke33 18:55, 6 August 2010 (UTC)
Orange snowcone and new dungeon[edit | edit source]
I'm pretty sure the orange snowcone is a reference to the "A Pirate I was Meant to Be" from Curse of Monkey Island. Also, for those who like editing the wiki, there's a new dungeon called Dreadsylvania with some newer references, like a flaming zombie with the hit message. "He must have had one of those combustable heads" 18.104.22.168 20:27, 28 August 2013 (EDT)
- dang, i wish i still played KoL/got further along when i did...someone should check that out. but yeah, the orange snowcone thing is pretty ambiguous and i think it might just not be a reference to anything. -Apollo (colloquia!) 21:13, 28 August 2013 (EDT)
Unnecessary[edit | edit source]
Does this page really need to be here (and that goes for the song themes as well)? It seems entirely unnecessary to me. It's not like TMBG themselves have anything to do with the game. --Self Called Nowhere (talk) 00:29, 27 June 2015 (EDT)
- It seems like a notable fan work to me judging by the depth of its Wikipedia page and the amount of references documented here. I'm not interested in it, but it looks like enough other people are that this article would be of interest to a decent number of users. It's possible someone could even get here searching for an explanation of one of these references, which could lead them to check the band out. Referrals!! -- Sonderling (talk) 14:29, 27 June 2015 (EDT)