From This Might Be A Wiki
Could Julian Dufy be another fake person, since Cecil Portesque is also a fake person? Raul Dufy was an actual painter of yesteryear, I think, which sounds like a Flansburgh kind of thing, to use the name of real painter.
- I dunno, I think that would be pretty weird. They mentioned on dialasong.com a few months ago that Julian Dufy is TMBG's longtime archivist and engineer, so to only bring the fake name back for a podcast months later just seems to me like it would be a pretty stale joke on TMBG's part-- making a reference to a fake guy in a relatively obscure website, let that sit a few months, and then bring it up once no one remembers. But TMBG's always been weird, so it could be another fake person. ~ magbatz 23:54, 13 November 2006 (UTC)
- Yeah, I just finished listening to the podcast and I went back and slowed the voice down, and I have to say that it does sound suspiciously similar to Flans talking in some kind of slur. ~ magbatz 00:00, 14 November 2006 (UTC)
- Here's a pitched-down recording of Julian Dufy's voice. It's definately John Flansburgh. http://img81.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dufyyg7.swf ~ mcbob
- Yeah that sounds just like him. I guess he didnt do as good a job disguising his voice this time as for Cecil.. -Fwahobadagadz 00:32, 18 November 2006 (UTC)
- Well, when Flansburgh does Cecil's voice, I THINK he's actually disguising his voice, but when he does Julian's voice, he's speaking in a normal voice and then pitching up the recording electronically. So it's harder to tell who Cecil is because he's actually disguising his voice, without any reversible editing.
- EYE think that the reason Cecil was absent for a while is because Linnell wasn't available to record for Cecil and Flansburgh did Julian instead. Yes, I still believe Linnell is Cecil. I hear flourishes in his voice every podcast that makes me continue to believe so.--tehbagel ( o ) 15:27, 2 February 2007 (UTC)
- (Man, this sure is indented!) Why doesn't someone pitch up a few Cecil samples (maybe one from each cast) and put this to rest? --Luke 22:31, 2 February 2007 (UTC)
- Well, I'm convinced, that sounded exactly like Linnell and Cecil seems to sound exactly the same each time. Petty issue resolved! ;-) --Luke 22:53, 2 February 2007 (UTC)
- That's because the clip is from Podcast 1A, and I and many others believe that Linnell was playing Cecil in 1A and 2A. If you think Cecil sounds "exactly the same each time," maybe you should go listen to the first two podcasts a bit and then a more recent one...though I think that either 4A or 5A had it most obvious that Flansburgh was Cecil. -CapitalQ ♫ talk ♪ 23:16, 2 February 2007 (UTC)