Talk:I've Been Seeing Things
Number one on the ratings list[edit | edit source]
I honestly didn't expect that. With an average of 9.40, I've been seeing things is actually the highest rated song on the wiki (Octobre third, 2018). Sure, it's only based on ten ratings and it probably won't last, but it's a milestone nonetheless. I can't remember the last time Birdhouse in your soul was dethroned, and even then it never really stuck. I've been seeing things is truly a great song, definitely top 871 material ;-), but I think in the end Birdhouse will prevail. Richards on Richards.
- It briefly happens now and then with brand-new songs that have hardly any ratings, actually. I can remember seeing it with "Let Me Tell You About My Operation," and I know it's happened a few other times I've seen but I can't remember now what the songs in question were. --Self Called Nowhere (talk) 15:21, 3 October 2018 (EDT)
Different version?[edit | edit source]
- Sounds like the guitar was turned down a bit in the DAS version. —The thing Talk 00:39, 1 November 2018 (EDT)
- I took a look/comparative listen in Audacity; the whole mix looks quieter in the DAS version, especially the guitar and drums. And there is definitely a different solo at 1:25; the Communists version has some noodley guitar stuff, and the DAS version has some synth-horns. Also, at 2:55, the Communists has further noodley guitar that the DAS version omits. The DAS version also has a longer tail on the fade-out. I wonder which version will be on the album? MarkingDaff (talk) 03:45, 2 November 2018 (EDT)
These are different mixes - it's immediately noticeable in the way the single version's vocals and vocal harmonies sit, and in the separation of the rhythm guitar and overdriven Rhodes parts. The lead guitar is also absent on the DAS version. In both sections where it is missing, there are additional synth horns. My guess is that the DAS version is the earlier one, sent to the video director before they did the studio tracking of the lead guitar over the summer, and probably released that way as an oversight. -Deysian
Dang, if anyone has the original video mix, can you let me know? I sent Flans a message about the different versions on Tumblr, I guess he didn't realize... -Deysian
- I've got a copy (a WebM obtained with youtube-dl). What do y'all want me to do with it? MarkingDaff (talk) 05:16, 11 November 2018 (EST)
I just posted on your talk page - if you can e-mail it to the address I left, I would really really appreciate it! Thanks.
- I'd actually like a copy too, and I'm sure other people would as well, so maybe you should upload it to one of those free file-sharing sites and post the link here? --Self Called Nowhere (talk) 16:58, 11 November 2018 (EST)