I believe that the Fleshed-out version of Fingertips (from They Might Be Gannets") is no longer available for free but to purchase... Am I looking at this right?
- looks like they took it down as of December 3.
- yes, that is true, it is now $4.00 for the whole album for download. ~krueger
1-Track Version[edit | edit source]
For whoever's interested, you can get around the iTunes/Dial-a-Song nonsense and get a 1-track version of this song through plain ol' iTunes. Place the CD in your computer, select tracks 17-37, go to "Advanced->Join CD Tracks" in the menu, and importing the joined tracks. --Oddjob 21:46, 27 August 2007 (UTC)
I don't know who WOULDN"T want this! What if you're making a playlist in itunes, or a TMBG mix CD? 21 tracks can be pretty cumbersome. Maybe I feel that way cuz I got acquainted with Apollo 18 on tape, and so I'm used to hearing the song as one uninterrupted track. --Oddjob 14:48, 28 August 2007 (UTC)
- I too first got Apollo 18 on tape (and actually just finally got it on CD last month!), but I love being able to put the disc on shuffle and getting little Fingertips snippets throughout the scrambled album--which, I might add, is how TMBG says the disc was designed to be played. :) (However, I can also possibly understand wanting the song all in one track for a mix disc or something like that.) ~Drew
- You do understand, Oddjob, that this is pure blasphemy, do you not? You may do as you please, but be warned: God will not be so understanding when he judges you for this crime against nature. ~ magbatz 15:20, 28 August 2007 (UTC)
Oh come on, TMBG have been playing it in concert as a single song for years! Oddjob
- Uh . . . how do you know if they're playing it as multiple songs or not? ;) (I know, I know, I'm just kidding . . .) ~Drew
- You know, you can also do it by just Downloading "Fingertips 1: Everything is Catching On Fire". --ZippZapp 01:37, 26 February 2008 (UTC)
Quote[edit | edit source]
[03:25:41] david masquelier: dude [03:25:43] david masquelier: fingertips is like [03:25:47] david masquelier: the warioware of music.
H-E-A-R-T Attack[edit | edit source]
Does Flans usually sing the "I'm having a heart attack" part this way during concerts?
sleepy credits[edit | edit source]
listening to the album before i sleep, the thought of not editing the wiki is enough to keep me awake but new credits pages are too confusing for the tired. there is bass clarinet on wind and corridors, and accordion on the latter. maybe more but i'm shuffling
just leaving this here, i'll do this when i'm up
Live version[edit | edit source]
Has anyone heard the live version that begins like this:
People! We've been practicing for 2 weeks! 2 WEEKS! For this next song... This song is not from the 80s This song is not from today This song is from the 90's making it the one and only exception in this entire show! But we've made it worth your while By making it the song we'd like to call... the next song we're gonna play! Look at me guys, look at me! This song is called Fingertips
- Just want to reopen this discussion cause i'm still searching for it —The thing Talk 17:23, 4 May 2017 (EDT)
- This was the fourth ever performance, 11/9/00 @ Bowery Ballroom. Damn good times. Here ya go: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=51592424987701528189 -TDK (talk) 07:43, 5 May 2017 (EDT)
Number Differences[edit | edit source]
On the wiki, it says that there are 21 one sections in Fingertips, which is obvious seeing as how there's a numbered list and everything, but on at least two occasions I've heard one of the Johns describe it as having 19 songs. Is there a reason behind this, or was it just them messing up a bit?