- To give them an excuse to print them out on a factory showroom box that you make yourself. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 18:16, July 13, 2007
Before I got this album I had heard many tracks because of Dial-A-Song: 20 Years Of They Might Be Giants, but they weren't what really sold me on this album as my favorite. It was definitely The Bells Are Ringing, and I'm sad that it wasn't on Dial-A-Song: 20 Years Of They Might Be Giants now that I know how great it is. --ArAn 10:14, 17 August 2008 (UTC)
- I think Factory Showroom was really underrated. The problem was a bad choice of single and very dull cover art. If the album had been launched differently, TMBG might have remained on Elektra. -- Thread Bomb (talk) 22:24, 20 April 2020 (EDT)
Linnell horn playing
Trivia possibility: Maybe add that this is the only TMBG studio album where John Linnell does not contribute any horn playing? (sax, clarinet, etc) Though it's certainly not true of the complete sessions (Reprehensible...)
Well as late to the party as I am, the horns in Reprehensible are actually through what's BASICALLY an early synth.
"omission" from non-US release
Token Back To Brooklyn is actually present on the European CD, or at least the one I have. That is, when you rip it, it appears tagged onto the front of the first track (although it still can't be played from the CD itself, either rewinding in a CD player or on a computer). Changing the trivia from "omitted" to "inaccessible" would probably be too nitpicky, but I'm just throwing this out there. ~ blitzente (talk) 22:13, 7 February 2010 (UTC)
Proof that Token Back to Back is actually on the album
- Wait, he said "my car was made in 1999." Does it only work in cars made before 2000? I tried it on a CD player in my room, but it didn't have a slow search. Both my parents' cars were made before 2000. Does this mean I have a chance of hearing Token Back to Brooklyn? -- DidgeGuy (आ ज) 13:59, 14 May 2010
- Actually, according to my brother, the car was made in 2001. Haha. But really, I don't know the timeframe for which devices can scan before Track 1. My recent 2007 Bose stereo system rewinded into The Bells are Ringing, but my much older car was able to rewind into Token. Try it! -- Jason DeLima - ♥! - 23:54, 15 May 2010 (UTC)
I read on the trivia section that the typeface used on the front was custom made. Anyone know if it's available anywhere? If not, anyone know a good look-alike? -Bouncer15111
- assuming you're referring to the font the band name is in, it was custom-made. and yet, you can still get it (almost!). it's not quite the same, but if you tweak the letters it's virtually indistinguishable from the original. (the album title is a steile futura). -- 14:58, 10 January 2017 (EST)
Has anyone heard this remastered version that is bundled with John Henry and a slew of b-sides/bonus tracks? https://www.amazon.com/John-Henry-Factory-Showroom-Giants/dp/B00G3KN5A8
I was streaming FS for the first time today (via Apple Music, while I'm typically listening to my local CD rip) and noticed that it sounded different... and I don't know if my ears are fooling me.
Ultimately the question is... Is Apple Music streaming the remastered version?
- i have those 2-packs and i think they sound absolutely atrocious. hard to hear the songs behind the percussion. -- 20:55, 28 February 2018 (EST)