Talk:Direct From Brooklyn
Is this even available anymore? -- 33marzi
I bought the DVD from Best Buy just 5 or 6 months ago. I think it was a used copy though. - extrafacelol
It's still available from the tmbg shop: http://store.yahoo.com/tmbg-catalog/dirfrombrook.html --MooseBlaster 08:57, 14 Oct 2005 (EDT)
You know what would really be awesome? A commentary transcript.
- Awesomely illegal. -CapitalQ ♫ talk ♪ 05:35, 10 Mar 2006 (CST)
- H*r wiki does it for the DVDs they release, does TBC not care or is that different somehow?--Fasterthanyou 03:37, 9 January 2007 (UTC)
commentary[edit | edit source]
Hey I was thinking about buying this DVD, can anyone tell me if there is commentary for all the tracks? leave me a message at Jade
- Apparently (sp?), there is. The Gigantic commentary had TMBG talking about it a few times. --Lemita 00:58, 11 April 2007 (UTC)
Hey[edit | edit source]
I can't see this article. Do you know what happened?
Quickcam videos[edit | edit source]
So, any reason why there's no mention of the Quicktime videos on the DVD that you can access on your computer? A few questions regarding them:
1.) Any idea why there are only two for PCs and four for Macs? Do the two Mac-exclusive ones actually work? Because strangely enough, I was able to change the file extension from .qt to .mov for the Mac versions of the songs available for PC, and they actually play fine; however, when I change the extension for the other two, I get an error saying "Error -2048: Couldn't open the file Working Undercover.mov because it is not a file that QuickTime understands." Odd indeed.
2.) Why is there no page for the video version of "Your Mom's Alright" that's one of the four Quicktime files? They're all TMBG Quickcam videos, and the other three have pages, so why not this one?
3.) Speaking of Quickcam, why don't we have a Quickcam page so we can see a list of the Quickcam videos all together?
Just wonderin'! Drew 16:40, 22 October 2011 (EDT)
- I was wondering about this myself, I never even realized these quicktime files were on here until I was working on the Discogs entry for it. I am having the same issue as you, Your Mom's Alright and Hovering Sombrero work (both PC and Mac versions), but I get errors on Working Undercover For The Man and I Am Not Your Broom, so it looks like that might be a problem on all copies. -Joltman 08:19, 2 March 2012 (EST)
Menu Fluke?[edit | edit source]
Months ago, I bought the Direct from Brooklyn DVD, used, off an Amazon private party. For some reason, when I select "Play All" on the main menu, it will only play the first video. When I go to the "Play One" screen, it will play the entire disk from whichever video I select. The disk appears legit, it was missing inside liner notes (if there were any), but was otherwise in good shape. Anyone else experience this? I've never had this problem with any other disk in our Blu-Ray player. No biggie, just curious. CallMeMommyMarshmello
- I haven't played the DVD in years, but I do recall this precise issue occurring from time to time. I'm not sure what caused it (sloppy menu programming?), but sometimes it happened and sometimes it did not. No reason to suspect your copy is illegitimate! -CapitalQ ♫ talk ♪ 10:38, 31 October 2013 (EDT)
- Great - that makes me feel better. (It also explains my sneaking sense that at one point the disk worked fine...) Thanks so much for the quick response! CallMeMommyMarshmello