Talk:Cast Your Pod To The Wind
I see that I was wrong about I'm Your Boyfriend Now not being on there. But I'm glad it is, I love that song (I think of it as the theme song of my life, even)! And Homunculus? I love that, too! All in all it looks like this bonus disc is going to be pretty awesome. The only thing is that there's a glaring lack of Diving Board and I Enjoy Being A Boy, but that's okay. I'm picking up The Else as soon as it comes out on July 10th! If I can find it, that is. They Might Be Giants albums are extremely hard to find... especially in my area. x.x Oh, and on a completely unrelated note, I once had a dream that I was listening to a new CD and Vestibule was on it, followed by Greasy Kid Stuff. I must be psychic. Akagi 20:27, 22 June 2007 (UTC)
- Mmmhmm... I'm dissapointed in no Diving Board, and wishfully, no presence of No Answer, a Dial-A-Song favorite of mine. But I'm Your Boyfriend Now and We Live In A Dump (which is probably one of the only reasons 6A is on my iPod). I know I'm going to Borders the day this comes out, so I have a bit to look foward too. I'm so out of the loop, I have heard of, but not listened to a lot of these songs. But indeed, I am excited. :)--Lemita 02:12, 23 June 2007 (UTC)
- I have to admit, I was hoping for more obscure or unreleased songs. Besides Brain Problem Situation, I have all of the podcast tracks as MP3's already, albeit in low quality. Not that this is a let-down for me, I'm still very excited to hear the mastered and high quality versions of these songs together on a disk; I just figured there'd be more stuff from the Else sessions to share with us. ~ magbatz 05:30, 23 June 2007 (UTC)
It's probably not normal for me to be so excited about My Other Phone Is A Boom Car. It's my ringtone and I just love it.. hopefully it will be extended or something. I'm also upset about not having No Answer.. but I'm Your Boyfriend now definately makes up for it :D Jade
Well, there are some songs that I'd like to have, but there are more on Podcast Highlights, which I can't get. I'd like to see Diving Board most of all, but I also hoped there'd be more brand new songs. Also What Are They Doing To Pigs would be awesome!! I wish they put that on!
I'm VERY disappointed at the lack of (can't think of exact title) the Sidewalk Whirlwind one, with the bag that gets stuck to your foot. That had to be one of my favorite TMBG tracks when I heard it. It was great! Why must I be sad?
- Yeah, I'm pretty bummed about Miniature Sidewalk Whirlwind, Diving Board, and La Dolce. --Salt-Man Z 15:04, 6 July 2007 (UTC)
Are the songs on this disc re-recorded or just higher quality?
- I'd assume just CD quality versions of the podcast recordings. I don't see why TMBG would choose to re-record them for this disc. -CapitalQ ♫ talk ♪ 14:16, 29 June 2007 (UTC)
- Though I'm hoping they might surprise us a bit and have a few of them remastered (or mastered). ~ magbatz 02:19, 30 June 2007 (UTC)
ay, diferentes versiones[edit | edit source]
I don't want to make a mess and do this unless I'm sure people agree with me... How about we consider these versions on The Else's bonus disk to be the definitive ones. For example, instead of calling the Your Boyfriend's older version "I'm Your Boyfriend Now" and the new one "I'm Your Boyfriend Now (Cast Your Pod To The Wind Version)", we make the old one "I'm Your Boyfriend Now (Demo)" and the new one "I'm Your Boyfriend Now." Or, if my preference isn't everyone else's, we can use some kind of other naming scheme-- or we could just leave it as is. I don't know how many versions of songs are different, so it might just be Dump and Boyfriend, but I have no clue. Thoughts?
And a PS: To those who have the disk now, what is different in these versions? Thanks, ~ magbatz 21:29, 9 July 2007 (UTC)
- Boyfriend and Dump have been completely re-recorded. There might be some differences between the other songs, but I'm not nearly as familiar with them.
- As to the above question... Most of the other songs I'm familiar with sound remastered and/or slightly remixed. A lot of songs that weren't bass-heavy before seem to be now. In some cases, it sounds like they just adjusted the volume... I don't know if that really warrants alternate versions on the chronology pages. -thevince
- It's already taken care of with the song Cast Your Pod To The Wind. ~ magbatz 03:22, 11 July 2007 (UTC)
Move proposal[edit | edit source]
I propose we move this page to "Cast Your Pod To The Wind" and the song "Cast Your Pod To The Wind" to "Cast Your Pod To The Wind (Song)" and put a handy redirect link to the song. My understanding is that most people searching for "Cast Your Pod To The Wind" will be looking for the disc. Personally, I think it's annoying that all songs on the album have to be followed with "(Bonus Disc) in the intrawiki link. Just my two cents. Any other opinions? --WhatIsThatThing 03:41, 14 July 2007 (UTC)
- I second your proposal. Akagi 04:36, 14 July 2007 (UTC)
- I third. It is quite annoying. Veggieman 23:08, 25 March 2009 (UTC)
No Bonus[edit | edit source]
Hey, I bought The Else the other day and I didn't get this bonus disc. Did I have to buy it from somewhere specific or something? --ArAn 17:00, 1 December 2007 (UTC)
- Well, it was limited edition. I thought the pressing of the bonus disk would last longer, but I guess supplies finally ran out. Either that, or the one you got was just a fluke/error. ~ magbatz 17:05, 1 December 2007 (UTC)
- I must say that sucks. If it had been a fluke/error, though, it wouldn't have been the first TMBG mess up I have encountered. When I got my copy of Dial-A-Song: 20 Years of They Might Be Giants it lacked the full color insert. :( I still haven't figured out how to get that taken care of. --ArAn 20:54, 3 December 2007 (UTC)
s/Bonus Disc/Collection[edit | edit source]
seriously, i really think it is high time we killed the "bonus disc"ness from the page title, especially since it's now a legit collection. if no one has any objections within 24 hours, i'm moving Cast Your Pod To The Wind to Cast Your Pod To The Wind (Collection) or something. -- 05:31, 30 July 2009 (UTC)
- I agree. One other thing to think about...this is really similar to "They Got Lost", for which the album is the main page, and then the song has a " (Song)" appended to the end. I would be good with that approach also.--Duke33 16:15, 30 July 2009 (UTC)
alrightio, woohoo, this is going to be some good wikifun, thanks for the alt idea brad. i think i thought of that once before but that is precisely why i posted this instead of just going ahead; that way people can correct my mistakes. --17:56, 30 July 2009 (UTC)
Mo Betta[edit | edit source]
I like Cast Your Pod better than The Else. It's like Oprah 'after the show'. --Nehushtan 16:01, 18 August 2009 (UTC)