Spin The Dial
From This Might Be A Wiki
|song name||Spin the Dial|
|artist||They Might Be Giants|
|year||1992 - 2004|
|first played||October 18, 1992 (143 known performances)|
|run time|| This unreleased song has only been played live,|
and therefore has no definitive run time.
|sung by||John Flansburgh|
- "Spin The Dial" was a live-show favorite from the early 1990s through the mid-2000s. Flansburgh would turn on the Tivoli Henry Kloss Model One radio and tune across the spectrum, stopping to see what was playing. More often than not, members of the band would start playing along to the music instantly, while Flansburgh would sing along. Then, one of two things would happen:
- The band would pick up the tune and play along, making a rocking version of the original song; or
- The band would play along, but take the song in a totally new, and usually humorous, direction (see "Werewolves Of London (Wearing A Hockey Mask)")
- In either case, the sound crew would usually fade out the radio while the band explored the new song. "Spin The Dial" gave the talented band members a chance to show off their musical abilities, including Flansburgh's genius instant lyric creation powers.
- Notable "Spin The Dial" recordings:
You must be logged in to rate this. You can either login (if you have a userid) or create an account with us today.