From This Might Be A Wiki
Songs that mention sadness as a lyrical or thematic element.
Central theme[edit | edit source]
- 9 Secret Steps
- Caroline, No
- Don't Cry
- Hopeless Bleak Despair
- I Haven't Seen You In Forever
- Maybe I Know
- Mr. Me
- Sometimes A Lonely Way
- Why Must I Be Sad?
- Withered Hope
Briefly mentioned[edit | edit source]
- Answer - "Though every dream of a pony would end in tears"
- The Army's Tired Now - "And it's so sad / All its defenders have moved along"
- Bread Hair - "You're drivin' all my hope away"
- Crushed By Dust - "We're despondent"
- I'm Gettin' Sentimental Over You - "Once I wondered why I'd sit at home and sigh"
- Let Your Hair Hang Down - "When your hair's so long / When you look so sad"
- Letterbox - "There's no time for sorrow"
- Narrow Your Eyes - "Now let's toast the sad cold fact"
- Number Two - "Too long I've been blue"; "I used to be sad"
- Put Your Hand Inside The Puppet Head - "And we wouldn't have to cry"
- Red Red Intro - "A-minor: secretly sad, secretly sad and sophisticated"
- Save Your Life - "Now you think you're sad but you never have been sad"
- Taking It To The Bridge (We Reinvented The Remix) - "I should be saving up tears"
- Tiny Doctors - "I'm never sad anymore"
- They'll Need A Crane - "Love sees love's happiness, but happiness can't see that love is sad"