Currently a subsidiary of Rykodisc, Restless Records was started as the indie distribution arm of Enigma Records after obtaining a distribution deal with Capitol. Enigma was acquired by Capitol in 1989 and Restless was acquired in 2001 by Rykodisc which was, in turn, acquired by the Warner Music Group in 2006.
Restless became TMBG's album distributor in 1987 whilst the band were still under the Bar/None label, until They were offered a record deal by Elektra. After the Johns parted ways with Elektra in 1996, Restless jumped back on the TMBG bandwagon and became their main label from 1997 until 2001.
TMBG releases[edit | edit source]
- They Might Be Giants (1987) [selected releases]
- Don't Let's Start (1987) [selected releases]
- Lincoln (1988)
- Ana Ng (1989) [Australian Single]
- They'll Need A Crane (1989)
- Miscellaneous T (1991)
- Then: The Earlier Years (1997)
- Severe Tire Damage (1998)
- Boss Of Me (2001)
- Mink Car (2001)
- Man, It's So Loud In Here (2001)
- Holidayland (2001)