Other Songs With References To TMBG
From This Might Be A Wiki
Songs by other artists with references to TMBG:
The Atomic Planets
- Cute Thing - "I accidentally spoke your first name aloud / Trying to make it fit in the lyrics of Ana Ng / Worked like a charm / We're getting old / When will we walk in the glow of each other's majestic presence? / Listen, hear my words / They're the ones you would think I would say if I was John Linnell / Or trying to be John Linnell."
- Radio DJ - "Hey Mr. DJ I thought you said we had a deal, well I thought you said I scratch your back, and you play my record, I thought you said we had a deal."
DJ Lunch Boy
- Adam Ant vs. XTC - This is a mashup of "Apollo 9" by Adam Ant, "Love at First Sight" by XTC and "XTC vs. Adam Ant".
- All I Want for Christmas - "I don't want a piece of peanut-brittle, I don't want a pear."
- A Praise Chorus - "Don't, Don't, Don't Let's Start" is sung in the middle of the song
- Man Bites Dog - "You say that you don't wanna see me, don't let's start, man bites dog and dog bites car."
Logan Whitehurst & the Junior Science Club
- Waffle Of Death - "I'm staying close to my Blue Canary Nightlight."
- What I Did (to the Cat) - "I heard a sound, I turned around to find the cat that made the sound."
- They Might Be Giants vs. Lyrical Giants - A rather interesting mix of several songs by TMBG with several by the rap group Lyrical Giants. This track is featured on an album of other "versus" tracks such as this one.
- Paper Thin Walls - contains the line "Laugh hard, it's a long ways to the bank." Issac Brock of Modest Mouse confesses to "stealing" a line from TMBG in the guest audio commentary on the Season 4 DVD of Home Movies, in the episode TMBG guest-starred on.
- We're not They Might Be Giants
- Everything You Know is Wrong - A style parody of TMBG. Besides sounding like a TMBG song (including an evolving chorus à la "Sensurround" and "Till My Head Falls Off"), it contains several TMBG references and themes including a prosthetic portion of the head, St. Peter, an evil twin, death, oxymorons, historical figures, and a disembodied head. The title is a take on "Everything Right Is Wrong Again" and is also a Firesign Theatre reference.
The following artists take their name from TMBG songs:
- Dr. Worm
- Mr. Me (broken up)
- Sapphire Bullets
- That Blue Thing