Interpretations:Dr. Sy Fly
Malpracticing doctor, incompetent politician
This song is about the alt-right in general, and especially Donald Trump.
- "Diagnose with compound eyes, multiply the problem", "He'll see what's wrong / And he'll be what's wrong" – He sells you a simple picture of what's wrong with the country and a simple solution to go with it, but that fix makes the real problems worse; "Make America Great Again" by kicking out immigrants, cutting foreign aid, and repealing welfare to spend the money on the military.
- "He's going to have to amputate / He's going to chop off all that you got" – Attempted mutilation of the government, cutting corners
- "he'll play nine holes of golf" – Trump's excessive golfing habits
- "His phone rings, it's / An emergency someone needs their brain replaced with / A potato salad sandwich" – Using distractions to disrupt intelligent debate and stop rational thought about his wrongdoings
- "he tries to take out Cavity Sam's wrenched ankle / And he accidentally kills him" – Cavity Sam's problem is clearly cavities, but Dr. Sy Fly takes out his ankle anyway; another allusion to making things worse with Trump's proposed solutions
I feel like this song is also partly that they were imagining a fly playing doctor with an Operation game. "A buzzer sounds as he tries to take out Cavity Sam's wrenched ankle, and he accidentally kills him." Perhaps there is a kid's game that also replaces body parts with food? "Someone needs their brain replaced with a potato salad sandwich." Anyone? —Preceding unsigned comment added by Catpuppet (talk • contribs) 17:09, July 22, 2018