"In back" is a lyrical quirk used in several They Might Be Giants lyrics, typically in place of the more common "behind" or "in the back".
- Ana Ng - "And in back of the edge of hearing"
- Certain People I Could Name - "The one in back"
- Dark And Metric - "No mag wheels in back"
- Hillbilly Drummer Girl - "Sleeping bag in back"
- I'm Impressed - "To remember the exits in back of me"
- McCafferty's Bib - "And in back of it the only thing left was McCafferty's Bib"
- Where Your Eyes Don't Go - "There's a pair of eyes in back of your head"