Egoism And Pretentiousness
From This Might Be A Wiki
Songs with notably self-centered or pretentious narrators or characters. (Tellingly, a lot of these have "I" in the title.)
- About Me - "But you'll be thinking ... about me"
- The Cap'm - "Do you think there's somebody out there ... who's better than the one you've got? Well, there's not!"
- Experimental Film - Narrator is excessively sure of his filming abilities
- Extra Savoir-Faire
- For Science - Lyrics such as, "I'm so brave"
- The Greatest - Humble bragging about his self-effacing, at the very least.
- Hello Hello - "Did you hang my picture on your wall", various other bits
- I Am A Grocery Bag - Pretty solipsistic when you look at it
- I Am A Human Head
- I Can't Hide From My Mind - "Egocentric" in the proper sense of the word, that his entire world is constructed of himself
- I Palindrome I - Narrator wants his parents to die so he can get their money
- I Should Be Allowed To Think
- I'm All You Can Think About
- I'm Your Boyfriend Now
- Kiss Me, Son Of God - Almost excessively egocentric: "Now you're the only one here who can tell me if it's true, that you love me and I love me"
- My Other Phone Is A Boom Car
- P.S.O.K. (Paul Stanley Of KISS) - "You couldn't stop at number one"
- Rowboat Mayor - "He thinks he's such a rowboat mayor"
- Something You'd Like To See - me
- Valentine - "The world wants to be your valentine"
- The Vowel Family - The vowels relate their importance
- You'll Miss Me
- Your Racist Friend