From This Might Be A Wiki
|artist||They Might Be Giants|
|releases||Venue Songs, Podcast 3A, Podcast 34A|
|first played||September 28, 2004 (9 known performances)|
|sung by||John Linnell|
- Also known as The Orange Peel (in the original concert setlist).
- The Orange Peel is in Asheville, NC and somewhat close to the French Broad River mentioned in the song. Twenty days prior to the TMBG show at the Orange Peel where this song premiered, the French Broad River flooded horrifically, doing terrible damage to the city's art district.
- Besides the venue (and the fruit), a possible source of inspiration for the theme of the song could be playwright Arthur Miller's Death of a Salesman, in which Willy Loman pleads with his boss, "You can't eat the orange and throw the peel away—a man is not a piece of fruit!"
- Unlike all of the other regularly performed venue songs, this track doesn't have a studio version. The rendition on the DVD/CD is from the soundcheck.
- Colourmovie designed and animated the video for this song.
You must be logged in to rate this. You can either login (if you have a userid) or create an account with us today.
Asheville is currently ranked #129 out of 910. (49 wikians have given it an average rating of 8.84)