From This Might Be A Wiki
|releases||State Songs, TMBG Clock Radio|
|first played||October 26, 1999 (14 known performances)|
|sung by||John Linnell|
- The story of someone creating an exact replica of Arkansas as a ship.
- US Navy ships are often named after states, and there have been four US Navy ships called USS Arkansas. The most notable of these was BB-33 USS Arkansas, a Wyoming-class battleship which served in both World Wars. However, none of these ships have been the same size or shape of Arkansas, as such a project would be extremely difficult to build, and probably wouldn't float.
- By naval tradition, one refers to ships using feminine pronouns (thus, "her colors" in the song).
- The song refers to the coast of Arkansas. Arkansas is a landlocked state and has no coastline.
- From the State Songs liner notes:
Arkansas, the Natural State, is also called the Land of Opportunity. The Official State Gemstone is the Diamond.
You must be logged in to rate this. You can either login (if you have a userid) or create an account with us today.
Arkansas is currently ranked #125 out of 845. (37 wikians have given it an average rating of 8.81)